Three Key Aims of the National Standards Curriculum.
- Successful lifelong learners
- Confident and productive individuals
- Value citizenship as Jamaica
At the primary level, learners are expected to develop their profile based on the aims and competencies specified in the NSC Framework and Teaching Units. By using Project-Based Learning in various disciplines, they are able to transfer content and gain hands-on experiences. The Problem/Work-Based Learning Area (Resource & Technology – R&T) is designed to contribute to the achievement of goals of the NSC in terms of:
- a focus on lifelong learning
- learners becoming productive workers who contemplate career pathways
- helping learners to be grounded in Cultural Heritage as they develop personal/life skills required for academic and non-academic success.